Beyond Box-Ticking: Finding Value in HR Compliance
Posted by Chris Murphy in Human Resources
The word ‘compliance’ usually drums up a number of unwelcome images of the reporting, checks, and audit measures required to make sure a business stays out of hot water.
But here’s the great news...
For today’s savvy HR and recruitment professionals, a smarter, more proactive approach to compliance will not just protect your business but also add value to it - putting you at the heart of broader business success.
The Growing Importance of Recruitment Compliance
All businesses need to protect themselves against avoidable hiring risks but, in sectors that call for strict governance, this requirement is amplified. For those in the public, healthcare, large corporate, and banking sectors (among others), a lack of compliance can be hugely detrimental to more than just brand image.
The business impact of recruitment agency compliance is also now gaining attention.
Today, more recruitment firms are signing contracts that see the liability of a placement sitting squarely with them.
Clients are no longer willing to accept the fate of a hire recommended by a recruiter, and it’s becoming increasingly important to demonstrate compliance during the hiring process.
Traditional Compliance Pitfalls
As with any process or protocol that requires data handling, finding value in compliance first requires fast and effective management of the data available.
However, typically these processes will be almost entirely manual, meaning they are:
- Time-consuming - ensuring accuracy in manual data management is an admin-heavy process that consumes a wealth of professional time and resources.
- Repetitive - conducting the same box-ticking due diligence can become repetitive and can, therefore, lead to corner cutting to get the job done.
- Risky - entirely manual processes are inevitably prone to human error that can lead to costly mistakes.
Getting Smarter About Compliance
Human experience and input is important, but couple it with tech efficiencies, and you have a recipe for smart compliance success.
By introducing technology to support the HR and recruitment decisions you make, you will benefit from:
- Time savings - automated tech-based solutions take care of the repetitive, admin-heavy elements of critical compliance measures
- Productivity and billing improvements - with a more efficient and motivated team, you will see an uptick in the productivity and billing levels they can achieve
- Better, more insightful data - as well as generating more data, smart tech-based solutions deliver valuable insights that recruitment leaders can confidently base broader business decisions on
- A positive brand impact - a more efficient, effective and secure approach to compliance ensures everyone involved in it - from employees to candidates, referees, and clients - is given a positive impression of your brand
Leveraging Smart Compliance for Business Success
Beyond safeguarding your business, ensuring compliance can put you in a very favorable position with business leaders, for the hidden revenue-generating benefits it can offer.
Moving from a “necessary evil” mindset to acknowledging the opportunities of a smarter, data-driven approach to compliance is the first step.
Using the right platforms and approaches, the compliance measures that used to be the bain of your life could become a viable tool for understanding hiring trends, building talent pipelines, supporting business development, and market mapping.
Move away from seeing it as a box-ticking exercise and you could see real value in the insights and impact a smarter approach to compliance could offer.
Discover how Xref can revolutionise referencing for your businessSpeak with us
- Get HR & Tech insights
- Be the first to know about Xref events
- Free downloadable content
What is Xref?
Xref is a secure, mobile-friendly reference checking platform that significantly reduces time-to-hire and helps protect against candidate fraud.